Subscribe in a reader

Monday, March 13, 2006

Dubrovnik: upclose & personal

These are two pictures that I particularly liked which depict Dubrovnik more in detail. If you want to see the original coloring of the door knocker check out this picture in www.croatia.hr's Dubrovnik photo gallery. My photo of the knocker is sepia because the lighting was not great the day I was there.

door knocker dubrovnik

The story behind the stone face gargoyle is funny. Although it is not evident in the photo, it is very low to the ground (I'd say between 1-2 feet). My friend told me that it has become a tradition for visitors to the city to test their balancing ability: see how long you are able to stand on top of this stone without falling off.

stone gargoyle dubrovnik croatia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Travel Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines OnlineWide Web Directory Blog Flux Directory photoblogring | random

Powered by Blogger



Copyright © 2006   Riviera Design