Subscribe in a reader

Monday, July 03, 2006

My sister before the prom


Well, this isn't technicaly a "travel photo", although I did have to travel to take the photo. I haven't lived at home since I went away to college almost 10 years ago, so every time I go home it is a little strange. There is always some new shopping area or new development that has popped up. Actually, the first few times I went home after living in Italy, I had some difficulties speaking English. Those first few years most of my friends were Italian, so I didn't have much of a chance to speak to native English speakers. Since I was an English teacher my first year, I was so used to speaking slowly, pronouncing each word perfectly, and using sentence structures and vocabulary that were not too complex. Then I started working for an IT research group and I spoke less and less English. When I was back in the US looking for a job a few years ago, someone actually asked me if I had permission to work in the US (?!). They actually thought I was a foreigner that had lived in the US for many years. Usually it takes a few days and I'm back on track with a not so perfect English so nobody mistakes me for a foreigner anymore.

Back to the prom photo - I can't believe my little sister is old enough to go to the prom! She is so much younger than me, it never seemed like she would grow up!!
Tags: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Travel Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines OnlineWide Web Directory Blog Flux Directory photoblogring | random

Powered by Blogger



Copyright © 2006   Riviera Design